HOME> Life >  Education >  Study in China > 
  • Shopping
    • Shopping Malls & Supermarkets
    • Household Appliances Shopping Malls
    • Flowers Booking & Purches
    • Musical Instruments
  • Health
    • Healthcare in Hengyang
    • Major Medical Institutions
  • Cuisine
    • Hengyang Food
    • Hotels and Catering in Hengyang
  • Education
    • Basic Education
    • Higher Education
    • Study in China
    • Language Study
    • Application Procedures & Scholarship
  • Employment
    • Employment Policies
    • Employment Information
  • Church
    • Churches (Catholicism) in Hengyang
    • Churches (Christianity) in Hengyang
  • Service Guide
    • Useful Phone Numbers
    • Housing
    • Banking
    • Maps
    • RSS
Administrative Measures for the Enrollment and Cultivation of International Students by Higher Education Institutions in Hunan Province
From:湖南省人民政府网 | Date Add in:2023-03-29 12:15:52 [A  A]

The following excerpt is based on the Chinese source released on the official website of the Department of Education of Hunan Province.

Chapter V Scholarships 

Article 34 The institutions of higher education that undertake the task of cultivating the students awarded the Chinese government scholarship and Hunan provincial scholarship shall give priority to the enrollment of students under Chinese Government Scholarship Programs and Hunan Provincial Scholarship Programs. 

Article 35 The institutions of higher education may set up scholarships for international students. They shall, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the state, formulate a scholarship management system for international students and strictly assess the academic performance and moral character of the scholarship recipients.

Chapter VI Social Administration 

Article 36 Where a foreigner applies for studying at a school as mentioned in Article 2 of these Measures, he or she shall, before entry, apply for an X1 or X2 visa to the Chinese embassy or consulate in his or her country of nationality or the country of residence or other China's institution stationed abroad authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs according to his or her duration of study, and submit relevant documents as required.

Article 37 Where an international student needs to apply for a residence certificate after the study visa he or she holds is indicated with “entry,” he or she shall, within 30 days from the date of entry, apply for a foreigner residence certificate for study to the entry and exit administrative department of the public security organ at the place where he or she is to reside.

Article 38 If the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has otherwise provided for an application for study in a school filed by any person of a foreign diplomatic mission or consulate in China or the representative office of an international organization stationed in China or any of his or her accompanying family members, such provision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall prevail. Whoever fails to undergo the relevant formalities as required may not be enrolled by a school.

Article 39 To enroll an international student who is under the age of eighteen and whose parents do not permanently reside within the territory of China, a school shall require his or her parents to formally authorize a foreigner who permanently resides within the territory of China or a Chinese to act as the international student's guardian, and provide the relevant certification materials.

Article 40 A higher education institution (HEIS) may accept the international students who come to China in a group for short-term study, provided that such HEIS has concluded an agreement in advance with the foreign entity that dispatches these international students, or has cooperative programs with the foreign entity.

Article 41 International students shall, when entering schools, undergo the confirmation formalities for a Foreigner's Physical Examination Record with the health and quarantine departments in China or take physical examinations in accordance with the provisions of the health administrative departments in China. Where it is confirmed in a physical examination that an international student suffers from serious mental disorder, infectious pulmonary tuberculosis or any other infectious disease that may cause serious damage to the public health as prescribed in the Exit-Entry Administration Law of the People's Republic of China, the public security organ shall handle the issue in accordance with the law.

Article 42 A HEIS shall implement the system under which all international students shall be covered by insurance. International students must be insured in accordance with the relevant provisions of the state and the requirements of the HEIS. An international student who fails to purchase insurance in accordance with the relevant provisions shall be insured within a prescribed time limit; otherwise, he or she shall not be enrolled by the HEIS. If the student has already studied at the HEIS, he or she shall be dropped out of the HEIS or shall not be registered.

Article 43 HEIS should establish emergency response plans for international students and deal with the emergencies. In case of any of the following circumstances, it shall report to the competent departments of education, foreign affairs and public security in a timely manner:

(1) International students violating Chinese laws or regulations;

(2) Death, injury, missing of enrolled international students;

(3) The international students enrolled are engaged in illegal religious activities in violation of the Provisions on the Administration of Religious Activities of Aliens within the Territory of the People's Republic of China  and its implementation rules; and,

(4) Other major emergencies. 

Legal Basis: Administrative Measures for the Enrollment and Cultivation of International Students by Schools  (Decree No. 42 of the Ministry of Education of P.R.C, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of P.R.C, and Ministry of Public Security of P.R.C)

Chinese source: hunan.gov.cn; gjjlc.gov.hnedu.cn

Sponsored by Hengyang Municipal People's Government, Undertaken by Hengyang Normal University
Co-sponsored by Information Office of Hengyang Municipal People's Government Technical Support & Design:Hengyang Normal University
ICP NO:05002289