• Shopping
    • Shopping Malls & Supermarkets
    • Household Appliances Shopping Malls
    • Flowers Booking & Purches
    • Musical Instruments
  • Health
    • Healthcare in Hengyang
    • Major Medical Institutions
  • Cuisine
    • Hengyang Food
    • Hotels and Catering in Hengyang
  • Education
    • Basic Education
    • Higher Education
    • Study in China
    • Language Study
    • Application Procedures & Scholarship
  • Employment
    • Employment Policies
    • Employment Information
  • Church
    • Churches (Catholicism) in Hengyang
    • Churches (Christianity) in Hengyang
  • Service Guide
    • Useful Phone Numbers
    • Housing
    • Banking
    • Maps
    • RSS
[COVID-19 Tips] Q & A: Home Isolation vs. Health Monitoring
From:湖南省政府门户网 | Date Add in:2021-11-17 10:00:36 [A  A]

The Changsha COVID-19 Prevention and Control Command Center recently released new regulations for epidemic prevention and control during winter and spring. Here are some common questions and answers on home isolation and health monitoring:

1. Q: Who is required to undergo home isolation or health monitoring?  

A: Home isolation is compulsory for:

- Persons coming from medium-risk regions, or any part of one; or, who were present in medium-risk regions, or any part of one, for more than 4 hours; and,

- Inbound travelers who have completed 14-day quarantines at their disembarkation cities, and are able to comply with the home isolation requirement which is “one person only isolated in one household” after arriving in Changsha.

Health monitoring is required for:

- Persons coming from low-risk counties, cities, and districts outside Hunan; and,

- High-risk persons in Hunan.

High-risk persons are those with high exposure risks to COVID-19 virus. They include: medical clinical diagnosis and treatment personnel; people working at quarantine sites; epidemic prevention and control staff at ports; import logistics staff; international aviation staff; and, public transportation staff.

2.Q: What are the differences between home isolation and home health monitoring?

Can a person stay at home with their family members during his/her home isolation period?

Can a person go outside the residence during the health monitoring period?

A: Home isolation must be supervised by local community medical personnel and fulfill the requirement of “one person only isolated in one household”. There is to be no mixing of persons who must isolate and those not required to isolate. If all the family members are required to undergo home isolation, they can be isolated in the same residence. 

Persons required to take health monitoring: if using proper personal protection, they may get to work and go out if necessary during health monitoring period. During this period, routine monitoring of temperature and symptoms are required in order to prevent risk and protect other residents, and society at large. During the health monitoring, persons should limit activities outside the residence and practice social distancing.

3.Q: What does “avoid movement during the health monitoring period” mean? 

A: People who are from low-risk locations outside Hunan, or are among high-risk groups in Hunan, should avoid cross-regional moving during health monitoring period.

This article is from Hunan Provincial Government

Sponsored by Hengyang Municipal People's Government, Undertaken by Hengyang Normal University
Co-sponsored by Information Office of Hengyang Municipal People's Government Technical Support & Design:Hengyang Normal University
ICP NO:05002289